Position: Microbiologist II
Cellics Therapeutics Inc. is a rapidly growing biotech company located in San Diego, Sorrento Valley area – one of the major biotech hub in the nation. Cellics is focused on the development of novel therapeutics based upon biomimetic cell membrane coated nanoparticles. Cellics offers a highly motivational and rewarding working environment with attractive salary. Cellics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The new hire will:
- Perform routine environmental monitoring including non-viable air, viable air and surface samples, to support status of manufacturing facilities in both Drug Substance and Drug Product areas.
- Perform routine microbiological testing such as endotoxin, bioburden and sterility testing for Development and GMP samples, including in-process samples.
- Assist in Trending of environmental monitoring data
- Create and/or revise microbiological methods and SOP(s) for microbiological operation and testing
- Assist in improving QC systems as assigned by supervisor, including revising QC system or microbiological method SOPs
- Generate valid test results and report results for the assigned Development and GMP testing in a timely and compliant manner.
- Other duties as assigned, it may include TOC testing and/or raw materials testing
- Bachelors of Science degree in the field of biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related scientific discipline.
- 3-5 years of professional Quality Control Microbiology experience in GMP biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Experience with endotoxin, bioburden and especially sterility testing strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of GMP and ISO regulations
- Knowledge of commissioning of ISO 7 and ISO 5 facilities
- Good aseptic techniques are required
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a highly collaborative environment and work flexibly are essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- Attention to detail is a must
Please send your CV to email@example.com to apply for the position.