Title: Director of Business Development
Cellics Therapeutics seeks a Director of Business Development who will work with the Chief Financial Officer and other cross-functional business partners to shape, develop, and execute business strategies and external transactions such as partnerships and build a strong relationship with VCs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes partnering strategies aligned with business objectives to pursue new opportunities.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with internal functions (R&D, finance, corporate leadership) to assess market potential, financial viability, technical relevance, partnering possibilities, and legal implications.
- Develops new business opportunities and deliver oral and written presentations to Senior Management to communicate about these opportunities.
- Leads evaluation, negotiation, structuring, and closing of transactions.
- Works with internal cross functional teams to transfer and implement new partnerships.
- Collaborates and supports transition to Alliance leadership as and when necessary.
- Gathers and communicates intelligence by reading published literature, patents, and press releases, attending conferences and trade shows, networking, and seeking other sources of intelligence.
- Advocates for the continuous improvement Cellics’ BD process, creative deal structures, and contracting.
- Maintain relationships with potential VCs and partners.
- Partner with internal senior management to develop the “corporate story”.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of experience or MBA/other advanced degree with at least 7 years of experience in relevant partnering, licensing, business development, mergers/acquisitions, consulting, or banking experience required.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is required; experience in biotech/pharma highly desirable.
- Previous experience negotiating both R&D and commercial partnerships highly desirable.
- Strong business, negotiation, organizational project management, analytical decision-making, and influence management skills required.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence a broad variety of business leaders, both internally and externally, and of varying levels from functional personnel to senior leaders of companies required.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage several projects simultaneously, and thrive in a rapidly changing fast paced environment required.
- Ability to travel up to 30% both domestically and internationally.
- Sharing a passion for our mission to improve human health by unlocking the power of cell technology.
If interested, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.