Analytical Scientist/Sr. Scientist
Full Time (San Diego)
Cellics Therapeutics Inc. is a rapidly growing biotech company located in San Diego, Sorrento Valley area – one of the major biotech hubs in the nation. Cellics is based on the award-winning Nanosponge technology and focuses on the development of novel nano-therapeutics and vaccines for hard-to-treat diseases. Cellics offers a highly motivational and rewarding working environment with attractive salary and benefits. Cellics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cellics Therapeutics is seeking an experienced Scientist/Sr. Scientist to join the Analytical Science Team. This Analytical Scientist/Sr. Scientist will be responsible for performing QC analyses in support of GxP activities. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the development of analytical assays based on Cellics’ proprietary lipid nanoparticle technology. This is a multi-functional role within an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Perform routine assays, including HPLC, multi-plate readers, particle size analysis, etc. for manufacturing and stability support.
- Assist Analytical Sciences Manager with scheduling, performing, overseeing, and reporting results for GMP level QC activities.
- Qualification/requalification of analytical assays.
- Lead CAPA investigations.
- Collaborate with analytical, CMC, and discovery teams in vitro pharmacology, nonclinical, and clinical.
- Author procedures and reports.
- Train and mentor junior scientists/analysts/technicians.
- Provide scientific and technical leadership to the laboratory environment.
- Other tasks as needed.
- BS (5+ yrs. experience), MS (3-5 yrs. experience), or PhD (1-3 yrs. experience) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or similar scientific or engineering field.
- Previous industry related QC experience required.
- Hands-on experience (using, programming, troubleshooting) with HPLC systems is required. Particle size, HIAC, potency, ELISA, and plate-based assays strongly preferred.
- Experience with lipids and lipid nanoparticles are a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and also a team player.
If interested, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.